Learning Pack Activities for Week 4 beginning 25th May
- Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar (or watch on You Tube)
- Read The Cautious Caterpillar ebook (link on Nursery Class website page)
- Topmarks website Early Years –Do the Counting game called Caterpillar Count.
- Colour in your Very Hungry Caterpillar colouring in pages then use the pictures to retell the story to someone.
- Decorate your Butterfly colouring in page by sticking on lots of coloured collage pieces.
- Make your own caterpillar and butterfly pictures by drawing, painting or printing.
- Do Help the Hodge worksheet maze using your finger then a pencil.
- Do the Spring Chick dot-to dot.
- Do a page of your Cutting Skills Book.
- Look around the house for the number 4.
- Make a caterpillar out of little balls of playdough. How many balls did you use? Make long and short caterpillars.
- Caterpillars love salad. Help to make a crunchy salad for lunch or tea and maybe try a new healthy food.
- CBeebies website- Go to Topics –Animals. Do Butterfly Quiz and What would you be if you were an insect quiz.
Listen to Stuffy’s Caterpillar Tale.
Watch Melody- Butterfly Ball
Watch Caterpillar- Squiggle a caterpillar
Watch Tree Fu Tom- Puppet butterflies and make your own.
You can find The Cautious Caterpillar e-book on the Twinkl website.
Learning Pack Activities for Week 3 beginning 18th May
- Read What the Ladybird Heard and What the Ladybird Did Next by Julia Donaldson (or watch on You Tube)
- Listen to What the Ladybird Heard Song, sung by Julia Donaldson (You Tube)
- Topmarks Website (Early Years) Do Ladybird Spots Counting game.
- Colour in your ladybug colouring in page.
- Turn one paper plate into a ladybird and another into a bee.
- Do one page of Scissor Skills Book.
- Look around the house and see if you can find the number 3.
- Do Spring Flower dot-to-dot.
- Try the Spring Scavenger Hunt.
- CBeebies Website- Topics-Animals- Watch Melody- The Lost Bee.
- Listen to Show Me Show Me- Bees
Watch Hey Dugee- The Honey Badge and The Dancing Bug Badge
- Find a stone and paint it to look like a ladybird or a bee.
This week is Mental Health Awareness Week. Make a Things to Look Forward to Jar.
National Smile Month is 18th May to 18th June. We are all miss seeing the smiling faces of our friends. Why not draw a picture of your own smiling face or the face of one of your friends or family member. You could really cheer someone up! Make sure you are looking after those smiles by brushing your teeth in the morning and before bed and keep eating healthy foods.
Read the story of 'Smiley Shark' to find out how he used his smile to help out his fishy friends. (available on YouTube)
Learning Pack Activities for Week 2 beginning 11th May
CBeebies -Watch Peter Rabbit Series 2:7 The Tale of Fred Snail
- Read the stories Superworm and The Snail and the Whale. You will find them on You Tube if you don’t have the actual books.
- Make worms and snails out of playdough. Count how many you make.
- CBeebies website- Search ‘minibeasts’ and watch Minibeast Adventure With Jess- Snail Adventure and Earwig Adventure.
- Watch and join in with Mr Tumble on CBeebies singing the number songs, There’s a worm at the bottom of my garden and Five little speckled frogs.
- Colour in the 5 frogs colouring in page.
- Do the Life Cycle of a Frog cutting and sticking activity.
- Go on Topmarks website, Early Years and listen to 5 Little Speckled Frogs.
- Try some of the Speckled Frogs activities on pages 24 and 25 of the tts Home Learning Collection.
- Colour in your snail colouring in page.
- Do the Spring lamb dot to dot
- Do one page of your scissor skills book.
- Look around the house and see if you can find the number 2.
Mrs Keery's Squishy Squashy Playdough Recipe
We all know that Mrs Keery makes the best playdough. Why not try making it at home then your child can have fun making lots of worms and snails. It is a great way to strengthen hand and finger muscles which will then improve fine-motor skills needed for good pencil grip and control.
2 cups plain flour
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup salt
2 cups water
1 dessertspoon vegetable oil
Mix the ingredients in a saucepan.
Heat gently and stir until it forms a ball. It should not stick to your fingers when you press it.
Leave to cool and store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Learning Pack Activities for Week 1 beginning 4th May
- Try the Rainbow Scavenger Hunt.
- Do the Incy Wincy Spider activities in the tts Home Learning Collection pages 16 and 17.
- Colour in the Spider colouring in page .
- CBeebies website- watch and do Squiggle a Spider activity.
- Sing Incy Wincy Spider and do the actions.
- Say Little Miss Muffet nursery rhyme.
- Spiders have 8 legs which they use for moving. Think of and practise as many actions as you can with your legs- jump, run, march, hop, skip, tiptoe, gallop, crawl, star jump, bunny hop, etc.
- Go on a Listening Walk.
- Do the Spring Rabbit dot to dot.
- Do one page of your Scissor Skills book.
- Look all round the house and see if you can find the number 1.